Search

ASKET

Visit ASKET

ASKET: What is it?

ASKET is a luxury menswear brand specialising in those all-important wardrobe basics: shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts and trousers – you get the picture. 

The concept of ASKET is to do away with fashion’s seasonal churn. Instead, ASKET offers a permanent collection of mindfully produced, top-quality garments. 

Since we all know one size really doesn’t fit all, ASKET has revolutionised the sizing game. They offer their clothes in 15 sizes rather than the standard  five. Not only do they offer small, medium and large – but also short, medium and long, so you really can find the perfect size for you. Seriously, you’ll find garments that fit so well it’ll feel like they were made especially for you. 

Unofficial members of the slow-fashion tribe, Co-founders Jakob Dworsky and August Bard-BringĂ©us’ add just 3-4 pieces per year, with each garment designed to last. The rest of the design time is spent evaluating and improving existing designs. 

As they best put it themselves: 

“[ASKET’s] promise is to restore the value of garments by creating meaningful essentials: a permanent collection of zero-compromise pieces, their stories uncovered and told. We can’t live without clothing, but we can make the pieces we choose to invest in count.”

ASKET: How sustainable is it?

From the very start, the concept of sustainable, slow-fashion has been at the forefront of ASKET’s company principles and business model. 

ASKET paves the way with their highly sustainable concept. Their model doesn’t allow for overproduction or waste at the end of season; they allow the time to trace and become accountable for their supply chain; and there’s no need for discounting “end of season lines” (which encourages snap shopping decisions). 

Taking responsibility and care with their supply-chain, they choose suppliers with long standing expertise, and work to implement strict environmental standards as well as ensuring safe, healthy and fair working conditions. Most suppliers hold the GOTS, WRAP, SA8000 and OEKO-TEX certifications. 

With over 400 processes and facilities involved in the production of their garments, they have traced  87% of their supply-chain and are continuously working to uncover the remaining 13%, aiming to be 100% traceable by the end of 2022. In the name of full transparency, they ensure what they do and, importantly, what they don’t know is visible for everyone on ASKET.com.

Roughly 60% of their collection uses materials of lower impact. They use a material matrix that takes into consideration each material’s environmental impact and classifies them from A to E (A being the most preferred and E the worst). By the end of this year, their entire collection will be designed with grade C materials or above. They have banned the use of leather, use recycled wool where possible, and for their finer merino knits they use 100% traceable merino wool.

The majority of their packaging is made from recycled materials and everything is recyclable. They have also eliminated plastic poly bags across their entire packaging process.

ASKET: Where can I buy it?

Their flagship store in Stockholm. But, if you can’t pop there this weekend, you can also find them online at: 

ASKET.com

Visit ASKET

Subscribe

to Our Newsletter

Want trustworthy insights straight to your inbox?

We promise to send you a monthly newsletter worth reading.